Saturday 9 August 2014

Idol Spotlight: Yumemiru Adolescence (夢みるアドレセンス )

I have just discovered, through the ancient art of 'related videos browsing', a song that is calling me back from the dead as far as idol blogging is concerned. The song is 'Shoumei Teenager' by 5 member group Yumemiru Adolescence.


These past few months I have been just as active in my listening to of idol music but not at all active in blogging about it. The combination of making the most of my last year of high school (read - drinking rather too much), applying for university, sitting more exams and the summer job from hell have meant that I have been kind of short on time.

Anyway, 'Shoumei Teenager'. I can't really describe very efficiently exactly what it is I like about this but I think it is the combination of a very idol-y tune, pop/rock and electronic backing, a fairly slick looking video and the fact that the girls have some sort of camera presence, something which I find some other idols these days to be lacking.

The group consists of 5 members between the ages of 14 and 18, if I understand correctly are all models for a fashion magazine called 'Pichi Lemon' and apparently their goal is to become successful actresses while still continuing with the music. A different angle but whatever works I suppose.


I can also recommend their song 'Mawaru Sekai'. The song and video are, again, good fun and I love this take on the schoolgirl outfits.


The girl who sticks out to my eyes is Kobayashi Rei but they all seem to have the potential to reach their aspirations. So, do you think we're looking at one of Japan's next big stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment