Thursday 11 July 2013

Seeing Perfume Live in London



Last Friday me and my family got on a train from Edinburgh down to London in order to, among other things, allow myself and my sister to go to see everybody's favourite techno-pop three-piece girl group Perfume.

We arrived in Kings Cross around 3pm with enough time to drag our suitcases through various forms of public transport towards the kind relative's house where were staying, grab something to eat and then make our way towards the venue. When we reached the queue, my dad wandered of with the intention of going to the cinema and then coming back to find my sister and I afterwards. However, his plan wasn't quite watertight and as a result of this you can thank him for the photos and videos that will make up the majority of this post. You see, he went to the nearby cinema and the only film starting soon was the new Superman. Now, there's nothing wrong with a bit of Superman. Unfortunately, this film was pushing 3 hours long. And so his cinema idea was given up on. Finding nothing else to do he walked back to the venue, bought a ticket for the balcony and ended up also experiencing Perfume in concert.


Some of the people at the concert were kitted out in some great cosplay that made me feel extremely under-dressed.

The following are some links to youtube uploads of some of the video that my very helpful father took.


Overall, the concert was an incredibly enjoyable experience that I would repeat in a heartbeat. It was great hearing all the music on such a large scale and being able to also really appreciate the visual aspect of the performance; even if I did spend quite a while coming to terms with the concept that it was really them. The dancing was sharp, the graphics were well constructed, the atmosphere was brilliant, the talky bits were good fun (fish and chips!) and hey, we even got an unexpected performance of We Will Rock You. I think it can safely be concluded that a good time was had by all!


No comments:

Post a Comment